(If you haven't, please go read You're Still A Mom, it opens this post better than I could today).
Earth Mama Angel Baby has been so generous and has donated two items for us to review and of which to do a giveaway.
Having just suffered our fifth loss, this product could not have come at a better time. Earth Mama Angel Baby is a certified organic company, meeting the needs of women through pregnancy, loss, family, and beyond. Their products are 100% toxin free, cruelty free, and completely vegan. Even their name just fits with this years emphasis on mothers of loss.
I was given both the Healing Heart Mist and the Harmony Tea. Both smell like heaven, and regardless of whether you need a good cry or just a few minutes to feel like yourself, they are amazing.
The Healing Heart Mist is made with water, organic olive oil, organic lime essential oil, ginger essential oil, tangerine essential oil, organic orange essential oil, and ylang ylang flower oil. It is the perfect blend to clam, relax, and help you feel okay, even for a few seconds.
The other product is the Organic Harmony Tea. In this box, you get 16 tea bags, ready to go. They just need hot water and about 5-10 minutes to steep. Even if you aren't a tea person, this blend is specifically made to help you relax and feel better. Spray a little of the Healing Heart mist, sit with a cup of this tea, and forget the world. Breathe, cry, feel what you need to. The Harmony Tea made me feel more relaxed than than I had been in a long time. There truly is nothing like sitting with a hot cup of tea, and being allowed the time alone you need.
The Harmony Tea is made with organic cinnamon bark, organic lady's mantle leaf, organic red raspberry leaf, organic nettle leaf, organic lemon balm leaf, organic ginger root, and organic alfalfa. Everything in this tea is made to help your mine and body heal after a loss. The cinnamon and lemon add a very wonderful taste, and the other ingredients come together to make this tea not only unique, but one of the most perfect blends for healing the body.
After suffering a loss, one of the most important things to do is remember to take care of yourself. After mine, I have a really hard time sleeping, a really hard time eating, and I just don't want to do anything. These two products have helped me come back to myself, even just a little, which I desperately needed.
And always always remember, regardless of your loss and whether you have other children, you are still a mother to that baby. Nothing can ever take that away from you. And again, always remember that you are allowed to be selfish, to take care of yourself. No one could ever understand the loss, the emptiness, even others that have been there. Each loss is unique, something only you understand. Take care of yourself, and know that even if others don't understand, we are all here to help.
Earth Mama Angel Baby has also been generous enough to offer both the above products to a mother of loss in a giveaway. This giveaway is specifically for mothers of loss, but if you know one and are willing to enter and give the item to them as a gift if they don't want to enter, that is okay.
1. MANDATORY ENTRY: Please head over to Earth Mama Angel Baby's site, specifically THIS PAGE which is their baby loss items, and leave a comment letting us know which product you like, what you like about the site, or just something that hadn't known before.
2. There are FOUR extra entries that you can use to up your chances of winning:
- *Like* The Connected Mom on Facebook (If you are already a liker, you can still count this as an entry)
- *Like* Earth Mama Angel Baby on Facebook (If you are already a liker, you can still count this as an entry)
- Follow @theconnectedmom and @EarthMamaHQ on twitter and tweet (once a day!) "I entered to win Healing Heart Mist and Harmony tea from @theconnectedmom and @EarthMamaHQ! http://bit.ly/m8kOEv"
- Subscribe to The Connected Mom using Google Friend Connect (If you already follow, you can still use this as an entry)
3. The giveaway ends on May 10th at 11:59 pm. The winner will be drawn at random and announced May 11th. The winner will be posted here and contacted via email, so remember, please include your email address in the comment form. If we do not hear back from the winner within 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen by another random draw.
If any of you mothers need anything, please do not hesitate to email me at email@example.com. You are not alone, even though most days it feels like it.
Earth Mama Angel Baby sent me a free sample to review, I received no other compensation for this post, and the views expressed are my own.